Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Food Truck Weddings and Barn Venues - A true perfect marriage

The Great Northeast is known for many things - One is magnificent wedding venues.
From historic mansions to waterfront landings to extravagant ballrooms, there are more
fantastic venues than I could ever list. We are lucky to get to cater weddings all over the northeast
and most of the venues are great for food truck weddings.
One venue style in particular is at the top of our list for places to work - The Barn Venue.


To start, almost every venue works for a food truck wedding - That is important to note.
We typically don't play favorites, but this is one case where I am a little partial.
I am sure that some of my love is from my roots growing up on a ranch in Montana.

Everyone knows how hip and trendy barn weddings have become. However, I think there is
more to this partnership than trendiness. Many of the barn venues in the northeast have embraced the true heritage of the properties. From rustic redesigns to repurposed woods for tables, lots of the properties have really stayed true to the eras they were built in.
That being said, many of the barns have retro-fitted their property to be a wedding wonderland
of sorts. From theme lighting to outdoor pavilions, and even guest cottages for the wedding party,
many of these places are like a resort.
Whether the barn is rustic or whether the barn has air conditioning, they will all have one thing in common - Food Truck Friendliness.

Here are some reasons we think a barn venue and a food truck are the perfect marriage.

1.  Food trucks are great for any kind of outdoor wedding - Barn Venues are usually situated on
a larger piece of property. Imagine having a grilling station outside in the beautiful weather. Lots of open air pavilions like this one at Owls Hoot Barn are perfect for cocktail hour stations or even some buffet style setups. This wedding had a mix of passed appetizers, grilled appetizers at a station, and one table with plated appetizers in the middle. The sun was shining and the day was absolutely perfect.

2. Barn venues often do not have a full kitchen - A wedding equipped food truck is a mobile kitchen with all the equipment on board. Do your homework, tour the truck, and you can choose a barn venue that has all the old charm and still have a full catered meal that your guests will love.


3. Photos - Don't get me wrong, some of the ballrooms in the area are amazing for backdrops.
If you are someone that wants some character and charm in your wedding photos, a barn venue is right up your alley. Your wedding photographer will love the natural light for starters. On a lighter note, having an old barn in your photos is pretty cool. Many of these venues have lots of old buildings, trees, and all kinds of places to take pictures that nobody could ever duplicate.

This wedding was near and dear to my heart. I enjoyed every minute of the experience and I think the guests had a wonderful time. Congratulations to Tom and Lisa.
If you have any questions about how a food truck would fit into your wedding, please contact us through our website - www.wanderingdago.com

7 comments:

  1. Yeah I agree that weddings are really close to everyone heart. I also enjoyed every minute of my wedding day at Las Vegas Weddings venue, and my guests also had a wonderful time there. Lovely place you booked for your day dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good venues. Weddings are the precious moments in everybody's life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never been to a barn wedding, however it looks like fun! Thanks for the write up of the pros and cons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think first of what you want to do and what you want to achieve with it. I love sharing food with people, Food Trucks In Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Corporate Catering Thanks for posting this info. I just to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your valuable information. It really gives me an insight on this topic. I'll visit here again for more information.
    Food truck catering

    ReplyDelete